Re: How to know the password for the user 'postgres'

From: "Shashank Sahni" <shredder12(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tony Caduto" <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to know the password for the user 'postgres'
Date: 2008-10-28 05:34:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Tony Caduto <
tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com> wrote:

> Edit the pg_hba.conf file and add a entry for the PC you are doing your
> admin from and set it to Trust.
> When set to trust you won't need a password, then use the admin tool of
> your choice to change the postgres password to whatever
> you want. Afterwards remember to set it back to MD5 or whatever it was
> prior to you making the change.
>
> Later,
>
> Tony Caduto
> AM Software Design
> http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com

My pg_hba.conf file looks like this..
# Database administrative login by UNIX sockets
local all postgres ident sameuser

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

local all all ident sameuser
# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
# IPv6 local connections:
host all all ::1/128 md5
host dspace dspace 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 md5
Can you tell me which entry should i modify or what entry should i exactly
add ( as you have already mentioned)..
Please don't mind my stupid questions..I am a newbie so I don't have much
idea about it..
I would greatly appreciate your help...
Thankyou..

Shashank Sahni..