Re: How to know the password for the user 'postgres'

From: "Shashank Sahni" <shredder12(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to know the password for the user 'postgres'
Date: 2008-10-28 04:55:47
Lists: pgsql-general

createuser: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL: password
> authentication failed for user "postgres"
>
> Odd I would have expected it to say something about identd
> authentication failing.
>
> Have you tried:
>
> sudo su - postgres
> createuser -d -A -P dpsace
>
> ?

Oh... I am sorry...you are right...the error is
"Ident authentication failed for user 'postgres' "
the error specified earlier appeared when i tried running.
createuser -h localhost -U postgres -d -A -P dspace
Thanks for pointing it out..