Re: TOC: List of Figures

From: Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>
To: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TOC: List of Figures
Date: 2019-07-03 14:03:36
Lists: pgsql-docs

> After the integration of figures into the documentation it may be
> helpful to extent the TOC with a 'List of Figures'. Any opinion?
>
> If yes: The same for 'List of Tables' and 'List of Examples'?
>
> There is a simple way to enable this feature: change line 56 of
> stylesheet-html-common.xsl to: "book toc,title,figure,table,example".
> As shown in a previous thread this leads to an ugly swelling of the
> TOC similar to the formerly handling of release notes - especially for
> tables and examples -, see attachment 1.
>
> The alternative is a downshift of the postings by one level, see
> attachment 2. How to realize this behavior is shown in attachment 3.

I understood that the majority of voters recommend the 'list of figures'
but refuses lists for 'tables' and 'examples' (please consider that PDF
generates all of them by default). The attached patch realizes the
desired behavior. In 'func.sgml' there is also a modification because
the given example isn't a figure, it's an example/programlisting.

Jürgen Purtz

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/png 11.8 KB
image/png 14.4 KB