Re: killing perl2host

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: killing perl2host
Date: 2022-02-19 18:04:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2/16/22 15:46, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Largely following a recipe from Andres, I have migrated buildfarm
> animals fairywren and jacana to a setup that shouldn't need (and in fact
> won't be able to use) PostgreSQL::Test:Utils::perl2host(). AFAICT these
> two are the only buildfarm animals that run TAP tests under msys.

[...]

> I suggest that we apply this patch:

[...]
> and if nothing breaks in a few days I will set about a more thorough
> removal of perl2host() and adjusting everywhere it's called, and we can
> forget that the whole sorry mess ever happened :-) I know a number of
> people who will be overjoyed.

OK, nothing broke, so here are two more invasive patches. The first
removes perl2host completely and adjusts  all the places that use it.
The second removes almost all the remaining msys special processing in
TAP tests.

I have tested these and they appear to work fine.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-remove-perl2host-completely.patch text/x-patch 18.0 KB
0002-remove-most-msys-special-processing.patch text/x-patch 6.0 KB