Re: FYI: porting Copy API to 8.x

From: "Kalle Hallivuori" <kato(at)iki(dot)fi>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FYI: porting Copy API to 8.x
Date: 2007-06-08 11:05:41
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi again.

I have an implementation of COPY subprotocol support that is
implemented inside org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl and used
via a clean API available from PGConnection.getCopyAPI(). I'm trying
to test it today and commit the patch next week.

To ensure inclusion in the official source, I tried to follow the way
Fastpath was implemented.

In this implementation a COPY SQL statement is executed normally,
after which the response from server initiating COPY subprotocol is
handled in the usual processResults(). After that, specific methods
must be used to exchange copydata with the server and return to normal
protocol. All responses from server during that time are handled in a
separate private processCopyResults() method.

Alternatively processCopyResults() could be merged into
processResults() or separate everything COPY-related from there,
keeping it as it was. Opinions?

--
Kalle Hallivuori +358-41-5053073 http://korpiq.iki.fi/