Re: GUC variable set, TODO

From: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GUC variable set, TODO
Date: 2004-04-19 17:43:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr> writes:
>
>>Ok. I understand that you suggest to Thomas that he should only touch
>>the search array to insert new pointers to guc description structures,
>>which may come from outside or be newly allocated, without touching the
>>existing static versions for internal guc variables.
>

> Right. IIRC there are some comments about this possibility already in
> the source code.
>
> regards, tom lane

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Thanks Fabien for explaing how the static stuff is built and
complemented with the dynamic array.

My intention is to pursue a suggestion that Tom and Joe Conway discuss
in the thread that eventually ended upp in the TODO item. Here's a link
to the discussion (I should of course have included this in my original
post):

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-02/msg00229.php

Kind Regards,

Thomas Hallgren