Re: pl/pgsql feature request: shorthand for argument and local variable references

From: "Joel Jacobson" <joel(at)compiler(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pl/pgsql feature request: shorthand for argument and local variable references
Date: 2021-03-28 11:48:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

+1

I really like this feature.

Is there a way to avoid having to write the "#ROUTINE_LABEL" for every function defined?

I'm thinking if a company writing a lot of plpgsql functions want to decide on a company wide hard-coded label to use for all their plpgsql functions. Could it be set globally and enforced for the entire code base somehow?

It would of course be a problem since other plpgsql extensions could be in conflict with such a label,
so maybe we could allow creating a new language, "plmycorp", using the same handlers as plpgsql,
with the addition of a hard-coded #ROUTINE_LABEL as a part of the language definition,
which would then be forbidden to override in function definitions.

/Joel