Sequences part 2

From: Karl Martin Skoldebrand <KS0C77263(at)TechMahindra(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Sequences part 2
Date: 2019-07-02 10:44:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi again,

Looking more at sequences, I have some sequences that start with ID 1, incrementing each record by 1.
So I have e.g. 1 Spain 2. Germany 3. France 4. Ireland 5. Norway
Now I want to insert more countries, between France and Ireland. And also alter the increment. That latter part might be easy as I understood it? But can I achieve this:
1 Spain 2. Germany 3. France 4. Greece 5. Latvia 6. Cyprus 7. Ireland 8. Norway
That is inserting records in the middle of the records, maybe even
1 Spain 2. Germany 3. France 4. Greece 5. Ireland 6. Norway 14. Latvia 24. Cyprus

//Martin S

Disclaimer: This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html <http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html> externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html <http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html> internally within TechMahindra.