Re: Spurious pgstat_drop_replslot() call

From: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bertrand Drouvot <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Spurious pgstat_drop_replslot() call
Date: 2024-03-12 09:00:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Bertrand and Michael,

12.03.2024 09:17, Bertrand Drouvot wrote:

>> May I
>> suggest the attached additions with LWLockHeldByMeInMode to make sure
>> that the stats are dropped and created while we hold
>> ReplicationSlotAllocationLock?
> Yeah, makes fully sense and looks good to me.

Sorry for a bit off-topic, but I've remembered an anomaly with a similar
assert:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/17947-b9554521ad963c9c%40postgresql.org

Maybe you would find it worth considering while working in this area...
(I've just run that reproducer on b36fbd9f8 and confirmed that the
assertion failure is still here.)

Best regards,
Alexander