pg_dump --create --schema-only, how to suppress template1 functions ?

From: "Scott Abel" <sabel(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump --create --schema-only, how to suppress template1 functions ?
Date: 2007-12-17 18:50:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

I was using pg_dump --create --schema-only (or so I thought) to
maintain source files for my database that I could check into my
revision control system. Now I just tried to recreate the source file
from an updated version of the DB, and I'm finding that it dumps all
the built-in stuff from template1 (not stuff I added, AFAIK).

The last file I checked in used template1 in the "CREATE DATABASE"
statement and only had CREATE statements for functions and tables that
I created in my database. All the stuff from template1 was then
created implicitly by the template1 clause in the CREATE DATABASE
statement. This is exactly the behavior I want.

Here's the exact command line I used for 8.2.4 pg_dump in both cases
(unless I'm mistaken and somehow I ran a different version of my
script before):
pg_dump -U postgres -H myhost --create --schema-only --encoding=UTF8
--file=myoutputfile mydbname

Now when I try to run it (still with 8.2.4), the CREATE DATABASE
statement generated uses template0 and then pg_dump regurgitates every
function in my database, including those that came from template1. I
don't use most of the functions and don't want them generated in the
schema file; I really would like to figure out how to get back the old
behavior of pg_dump generating a CREATE DATABASE statement that uses
template1 as the template and only generates DDL for my tables and
functions. How do I do this?