full-time coder position

From: "Joe Ingersoll" <joe(dot)ingersoll(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: full-time coder position
Date: 2008-03-11 19:59:34
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Does this make sense to you?

my @sorted = map( $_->{id}, sort { $a->{name} cmp $b->{name} } @$some_data
);

If so, please continue.

Our best-in-class web based app leverages internet advertising for
targeted leaded acquisition in a tough business vertical. Like every
potential employer, we are looking for coders who live to code and who
love the open source tools they use. What sets us apart is the
phenomenal growth rate we've achieved with a tight, small team in a
depressed business environment and the fact that a lead coder is also a
founding partner. Our tools of choice include postgresql, perl and ruby,
running on virtualized servers and glued together via asynchronous
queues. We don't do java, c++, mysql and python but there's nothing
stopping us if it made sense. When good ideas are hatched, we get
straight to implementation, testing and release, with quantifiable
business success being realized as quickly as we can run the numbers.

Preferred candidates will have a strong grasp of object oriented design,
relational data models and a background in writing modular and
maintainable code. Proven knowledge of CPC advertising quirks,
multi-dimensional performance analysis, full text search or an active
CPAN account will get you in the door immediately.

We are looking for candidates who can make a full-time commitment but a
part-time role may be possible. Compensation is competitive and
negotiable -- the wide salary range advertised is intended to allow for
candidates with a variety of experience levels.

Please forward a resume to jobs(at)tigerlead(dot)com along with work samples
and salary requirements. Principals only, no recruiters.

Salary: 75k - 100k+
Full benefits package.
Location: Los Angeles, CA