Re: which database to login to to create global users?

From: pres <pgn(dot)lists(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: which database to login to to create global users?
Date: 2006-01-03 21:14:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

hello tom,

See also the documentation on the system catalogs:
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/catalogs.html
> The description of each catalog takes care to mention it if the catalog
> is shared across databases.
>
> regards, tom lane

i'm not yet sure if/where we can make enduser requests, but in reading the
documentation's "System Catalogs" section you'd pointed me to, i, of course,
find:

"... A few catalogs are physically shared across all databases in a cluster;
these are noted in the descriptions of the individual catalogs.

*Table 42-1. System Catalogs*
..."

i would find it helpful if Table 42-1 included a column that identified
whehter each catalog is shared or not. convenient, but given that the
documentation does contain it, not necessary.

simply, it would be nice to see it as an overview.

thank you again.

pres