DBI::Pg bind_param troubles ...

From: jmzorko(at)mac(dot)com
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DBI::Pg bind_param troubles ...
Date: 2005-03-28 20:11:45
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello, all ...

We are seeing errors when our Perl code attempts to execute an SQL
statement created with bind_param(). Sometimes we have to cast the
parameter (e.g. a timestamp value to SQL_TIMESTAMP), but this breaks
our code under Debian Sarge and PostgreSQL running there. Other things
are happening as well, the common thread seeming to be bind_param().

Has anyone else seen this? Is bind_param() supported under PostgreSQL
/ DBI::Pg / Cygwin? Basically we're seeing instances where we make
changes to our Perl code that work (more or less) under Cygwin, and
completely hose it up under Debian, and vice versa. We need to support
both platforms, and would prefer to keep the Perl code common to the
maximum extent possible.

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
New album, "Touch", available now
http://www.magnatune.com/artists/falling_you