Re: Postgresql odbc and Visual studio 2005 .net 2.0

From: Jaime Casanova <systemguards(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Leendert Paul Diterwich <paulditerwich(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Postgresql odbc and Visual studio 2005 .net 2.0
Date: 2005-11-23 17:10:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 11/23/05, Leendert Paul Diterwich <paulditerwich(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I just got word from MS and this is what they said about the problems some
> of us are experiencing:
>

> Hi Paul,
>
> It appears that there are problems with this particular ODBC driver. It
> tells us that the default catalog is "\0\0" (taken from the
> IDbConnection.Database property) so we pass this as a catalog restriction to
> enumerate tables. This works, however the rows returned provide a catalog of
> NULL. This is inconsistent behavior, and when we then ask our cache to
> select objects with the catalog restriction "\0\0" it finds none because all
> objects in the cache have a NULL catalog.
>
> There is no workaround for this issue, unfortunately. The only solution is
> for the ODBC driver to be fixed.
>
> Thanks,
> Stephen Provine
> VS Data Development Team
>

> Is it possible to change the behavior of the ODBC driver?
>

> Kind Regards,
>

> Paul

about your problem with the odbc... sounds weird i used the vs.net
(not 2005 i don't remember de version, it was a year ago or maybe two
:) and i use the odbc and odbc .net data provider without problems...
maybe a bug new in vs.net 2005 or maybe a new "behaviour", who
knows...

have you tried the npgsql (.Net Data Provider for Pgsql), you can find
it in pgfoundry.org

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova