Re: avoid pulling up subquerys that contain volatile functions?

From: Jaime Casanova <systemguards(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: avoid pulling up subquerys that contain volatile functions?
Date: 2005-10-09 07:35:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10/8/05, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Jaime Casanova <systemguards(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > but this example seems to clarify (or at least i think) that we have to
> avoid
> > pulling up subquerys containing volatile functions:
>
> This is exactly the same example discussed in previous threads on this
> issue. Do you think it will change anyone's mind?
>
> regards, tom lane

you are right, i haven't internet all day this week so i'm reading
mails for parts...

in any case, i still think that is better to get bad performance
because i forgot to correctly mark a function that to get incorrect
data from a correct query because a "gotcha"... there is a precedent
for this in postgres???

BTW, i still wanna get a patch for my postgres... so i will keep
trying... but i don't understand why when i add the function
contain_volatile_functions in the is_simple_subquery function i got
the same results... :)

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova