Re: Add ZSON extension to /contrib/

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Joel Jacobson <joel(at)compiler(dot)org>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Matthias van de Meent <boekewurm+postgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Add ZSON extension to /contrib/
Date: 2021-07-03 10:34:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 04.06.21 17:09, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> I decided to add the patch to the nearest commitfest.

With respect to the commit fest submission, I don't think there is
consensus right now to add this. I think people would prefer that this
dictionary facility be somehow made available in the existing JSON
types. Also, I sense that there is still some volatility about some of
the details of how this extension should work and its scope. I think
this is served best as an external extension for now.