Re: Non-personal blogs on Planet

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Non-personal blogs on Planet
Date: 2020-03-04 07:04:15
Lists: pgsql-www

On 2020-02-26 21:33, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> So I gather having personal accounts tied to this is primarily a way
> to make sure that people don't spam. I'm still not sure if this policy is
> useful, or what stops anyone from legally posting every Slonik
> picture one by one on Planet, but ok.
>

> The main reason this discussion comes up is that people use their very
> personal accounts to post something which is project or conference related.
> For an outsider, this might even be confusing: why isn't the conference
> posting these news, why a person.

Another aspect of this is a quasi-journalistic principle: News and
announcements are, well, news; blog posts are opinion pieces. It's
useful to keep those separate, and different criteria should apply.

Personally, as a consumer of planet, I wouldn't want conference-related
announcements mixed into the feed. That's what the news section and
conference listings are for.