Questions regarding SET option.

From: Jignesh Shah <jignesh(dot)shah1980(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Questions regarding SET option.
Date: 2010-02-22 11:08:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello All,

I have been writing a function with SECURITY DEFINER enabled. Basically, I
am looking for ways to override the users SET option settings while
executing my function to prevent the permissions breach. For example, to
override "SET search_path", I am setting search path in my function before
executing anything. Could any one please tell me what could be other SET
options that I should take care?

Moreover, how to revert back those settings just before returning from my
function?

Thanks, Jack