Writting Trigger for Truncate event

From: Jignesh Shah <jignesh(dot)shah1980(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: postgresql novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Writting Trigger for Truncate event
Date: 2009-08-26 06:33:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

The PostgreSQL documentation says that it can be created only at statement
level and don't have any way to examine individual rows modified by
statement. I couldn't find any statement level trigger example. Though
document says statement level trigger executes when an appropriate statement
executed, could any one please give me example of Truncate event trigger
and what is the meaning of "appropriate statement"?

Thanks,
Jignesh