Output of function into a file

From: karthickv(at)hclp(dot)com (karthick v)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Output of function into a file
Date: 2002-11-09 05:30:06
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

Hi,

I am writing a small function to manipulate records in multiple
tables. Since the function cannot return more than one value, I would
like to get all the outputs of the queries and append them into a text
file.

Is there any way to do it inside the function. I came across many
postings which tell me how to use it in pgsql but not inside the
function.

I would be very glad if someone could help me

Thanks in advance

karthick v