Re: session persistent data for plperl

From: "Thomas Hallgren" <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: session persistent data for plperl
Date: 2004-02-08 19:56:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm not insisting anything. I merely suggest something that all pl<lang>
implementations would have a potential benefit from.

But perhaps I should insist. Both with respect to plperl, pltcl, or any
other pl<lang> where session data is possible. IMHO, session data spanning
more than one transcation is dangerous and error prone if it's not
coordinated with the transactions. Even if one can argue that, it's the
developers responsability to avoid the pitfalls, I still think its a bit
harsh to just disregard the benefits such mechanisms could gain by
transaction callback.

Regards,

- thomas