Re: this is in plain text (row level locks)

From: Sailesh Krishnamurthy <sailesh(at)cs(dot)berkeley(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: this is in plain text (row level locks)
Date: 2003-07-31 05:57:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom> Personally I'd feel more comfortable with a shared-lock
Tom> approach, if we could work out the scalability issues. Dirty
Tom> reads seem ... well ... dirty.

Tom

I was going to do some experiments to measure the costs of our shared
memory MemoryContext.

Is there something specific you'd be interested in ? My first goal is
mainly to measure the amount of time it takes to allocate and
deallocate shared memory in the contested and uncontested cases.

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh