Re: Is there going to be a port to Solaris 9 x86 in the

From: Sailesh Krishnamurthy <sailesh(at)cs(dot)berkeley(dot)edu>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there going to be a port to Solaris 9 x86 in the
Date: 2003-11-19 02:32:24
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

>> PostgreSQL most definitely works great on Solaris x86 ! At UC
>> Berkeley, we have our undergraduate students hack on the
>> internals of PostgreSQL in the upper-division "Introduction to
>> Database Systems" class ..
>> http://www-inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~cs186/

Chris> Hi Sailesh,

Chris> You know what would be kind of cool? If you could write a
Chris> "Guide to PostgreSQL to Teach Databases".

Chris> eg. You could cover how to set up the server securely
Chris> (eg. schemas for each person), etc.

Chris> How to manage it all, handle upgrades, etc. Mention what
Chris> things are good to get students to hack on in the
Chris> internals, etc.

Chris> Could be a good techdocs.postgresql.org article.

Hmm .. this is probably a good idea. I ought to do it for the benefit
of future TAs here anyway - but I wasn't thinking on the lines of a
full-fledged article .. just burnt out with too much writing :-)

I'm just underwater until the end of the semester. If I don't come
through by the end of december do ping me.

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh