Re: Tables/Columns in upper-case?

From: Ben Ramsey <br(at)benandliz(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tables/Columns in upper-case?
Date: 2004-01-22 05:12:58
Lists: pgsql-odbc

We used PgAdminIII to migrate an Access database to PostgreSQL, but I
believe that we had to set all the table names to lowercase in Access
before we migrated it. It did, however, automatically set our column
names to lowercase for us. Consequently, if we didn't set the table
names to lowercase in Access before migrating, then we had to place
single quotes around the table names in all of our SQL statements (which
continued to use the capital letters in them), but if we set the table
names to lowercase before the migration, then we didn't have to put the
single quotes around the table names in our SQL statements when they
were hitting the Postgres DB (despite the fact that the names in the SQL
statements retained the capitalization as defined in the Access table...
weirdness).