Re: PostgreSQL Beta4 Tag'd and Bundle'd ...

From: "Relaxin" <me(at)yourhouse(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Beta4 Tag'd and Bundle'd ...
Date: 2003-10-03 21:51:01
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

Unless you are one the core developers of Postgresql it's pretty hard to
keep up with what is "really" going on with this product.

This link clearly states that it's going to be in 7.5
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/Windows

This is where you can download the latest builds.
http://developer.postgresql.org/beta.php

This is where you can download the source, but for the windows stuff you
need to download the 7.4 stuff and then the stuff tagged as WIN32_DEV (I
think)
(Makes me think that Windows support might be in 7.4)
http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/

Then there is a website of Bruce Momjian (can't remember the link) that
gives you the status of the Windows port.

Then there is a hidden newsgroup for win32 development (can't see it in a
newreader).

So, that is why I asked the question because lots of things about Postgresql
are in many different places and it becomes difficult (from the main
website) to find things.

I want to help Postgresql just as much as the next person, so cut us some
slack and encourage help instead of discourage it.

Thanks

There isn't one place that you can goto to find out the information that you
need.