Re: SQL Syntax problem

From: Bruno LEVEQUE <bruno(dot)leveque(at)net6d(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL Syntax problem
Date: 2003-09-28 16:15:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

The "(+)" is for outer join.

Your query must become :

select ...
from auswahlkatalog k,anspruchkorrektur a, beteiligter b, v_betkorr f
left outer join bet_id on (b.bet_id = a.bet_idemp)
right outer join ask_id on (a.ask_id = f.ask_id)
where k.awk_id = a.awk_id

(see tutorial-join.html for the right syntax)

Maybe you can write :

select ...
from auswahlkatalog k,anspruchkorrektur a, beteiligter b, v_betkorr f
where k.awk_id = a.awk_id and b.bet_id = a.bet_idemp and a.ask_id = f.ask_id

Bruno

Doris Bernloehr wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I've got a problem in porting the following select statement from Oracle to
>Postgres, because of the characters after "b.bet_id" and "f.ask_id" in the
>where clause: (+)
>I don't know what these characters mean and how I can transform these into
>PostgreSql Syntax.
>

>select ...
>from auswahlkatalog k, anspruchkorrektur a, beteiligter b, v_betkorr f
>where k.awk_id = a.awk_id and b.bet_id(+) = a.bet_idemp
> and a.ask_id = f.ask_id(+);
>

>Hoping for help.
>Doris

Bruno LEVEQUE