Re: template1 database...

From: "Chris M" <chris(at)none(dot)none>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: template1 database...
Date: 2003-08-25 15:51:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

"Bruno Wolff III" <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>>
> This is usually accomplished by logging in as a normal user for most
> tasks and only using a superuser account when it is needed.

Yes. DBAs should be careful when operating on the databases.

But I have seen many people using the superuser in MS SQL
Server to operate on the databases. Maybe that's why MS SQL
Server has an option to allow a superuser change system
objects or not. That's why I think the option is useful for users,
especially those familar with MS Windows.