Re: postgres conferences missing videos?

From: tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz
To: "John R Pierce" <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres conferences missing videos?
Date: 2011-03-22 09:53:20
Lists: pgsql-general

> On 03/21/11 5:04 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>> So just put there a tripod, a reasonable HD cam for $300 and you'll get
>> a decent video of the session.
>>

> you definitely want a sound patch from a lapel mic or the room PA, and
> not be using on-camera sound.

Yes, that's definitely true. We're using a standalone dictaphone with a
lapel mic, and the results are great.

> and probably two cameras, one aimed at the presentation, and the other
> tracking the speaker, so you can put them in an inset, or cut between
> the views. there's always *some* post production that needs to
> be done, and its all quite time consuming.

Depends on what you aim for. Two cameras will definitely give you more
options, but you'll need to spend a tremendous amount of time on that.
That's why we're happy with one camera, because in that case the
postproduction is really simple (just cut the ends, put there the audio,
encode, publish).

regards
Tomas