Re: Error when creating function in psotgresql 8.1

From: "ben sewell" <mosherben(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Sean Davis" <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error when creating function in psotgresql 8.1
Date: 2006-08-17 14:48:00
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Sean,
that's fine I'll google it later the time when I need it.

Sorry but I got another question about my procedure, I have my parameters
coming from the access forms which can be left empty (aka null).

I'll need to create handling for when the parameters are null so this would
be using if statements. Once I've handled the input parameters the select
into queries will be run. Here's the pseudocode code for it so I was
wondering if you could tell me the equilivent for it in postgres.

if adviser_id=null then
all records are returned irrespective if the adviser_id
else
find records which the adviser_id matches
endif;

Thanks for your help,
Ben