Re: [GENERAL] C++ port of Postgres

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: Christian Convey <christian(dot)convey(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] C++ port of Postgres
Date: 2016-09-11 14:11:04
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On 09/11/2016 01:20 AM, Christian Convey wrote:
> Hi Heikki,
>
> Could I ask you a newbie-reviewer question about something I'm seeing
> here? https://commitfest.postgresql.org/10/776/
>
> From some reading I've done (e.g., Stephen Frost's PGCon 2011 slides),
> I got the impression that a successful patch would always have this
> sequence of states in commitfest:
> 1. patch-record created
> 2. Needs Review
> 3. Ready for Committer
>
> But if I'm reading the patch's activity log correctly, it looks like
> you marked the patch as "Ready for Committer" (2016-09-06 18:59:02)
> without any record of it having been reviewed.
>
> Was that intentional?

Yeah, I commented on the patches at
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/e8e7e5a7-0308-2c36-d32a-7aab16ba498c%40iki.fi.
It was very cursory, but I figured that would be sufficient feedback for
now, for Peter to proceed with the first few straightforward patches in
the series. I don't think there's consensus that we want to do more than
that, to actually switch to C++.

> P.S. I'm asking because I was planning to review that patch. But I
> can't tell if any more review by a non-committer is still required by
> the commitfest workflow.

I think this has gotten enough attention, for the commitfest workflow.
But of course, if you're interested, feel free to review and comment anyway!

- Heikki