Re: Queriy results erratic on Linux

From: "Shoaib Mir" <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSql <hampi1(at)gumtreegully(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Queriy results erratic on Linux
Date: 2008-02-08 13:47:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Feb 8, 2008 3:35 AM, PostgreSql <hampi1(at)gumtreegully(dot)com(dot)au> wrote:

> Hi
> My application runs fine on Windows.
> However when I copy the files to the Linux server some queries return no
> results or errors even though the records and tables exist!
> It is always the same records or tables that are not found!
> In case of a table the error is: function.pg-query: Query failed: ERROR:
> relation &quot;sites&quot; does not exist in ....
>
> Any idea what might cause the problem?
> <http://archives.postgresql.org>

First of all query your pg_class catalog table and see if you can see those
tables in there like this:

*select relname from pg_class where relname = 'tablename';*

If its there then check you search_path and see if you have your schema name
in there.

Other then that I am not sure what do you mean by copying the files from
Windows server to Linux as I think you can not use the data files created by
initdb on Windows for a Linux server.

--
Shoaib Mir
Fujitsu Australia Software Technology