Re: Queriy results erratic on Linux

From: Julio Leyva <jcleyva(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: Shoaib Mir <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSql <hampi1(at)gumtreegully(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Queriy results erratic on Linux
Date: 2008-02-08 14:31:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

Linux is sensitive to uppercase or lowercase
make sure your script has all the tables names as they are shown in postgresql
su - postgres
\d
check all the names

I ran into that problem awhile ago..

Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 18:47:02 +0500
From: shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com
To: hampi1(at)gumtreegully(dot)com(dot)au
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Queriy results erratic on Linux
CC: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org

On Feb 8, 2008 3:35 AM, PostgreSql <hampi1(at)gumtreegully(dot)com(dot)au> wrote:

Hi
My application runs fine on Windows.
However when I copy the files to the Linux server some queries return no
results or errors even though the records and tables exist!
It is always the same records or tables that are not found!

In case of a table the error is: function.pg-query: Query failed: ERROR:
relation &quot;sites&quot; does not exist in ....

Any idea what might cause the problem?

First of all query your pg_class catalog table and see if you can see those tables in there like this:

select relname from pg_class where relname = 'tablename';

If its there then check you search_path and see if you have your schema name in there.

Other then that I am not sure what do you mean by copying the files from Windows server to Linux as I think you can not use the data files created by initdb on Windows for a Linux server.
--
Shoaib Mir

Fujitsu Australia Software Technology
shoaibm[(at)]fast(dot)fujitsu(dot)com(dot)au