Re: connection timeout?

From: "Shoaib Mir" <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Frank Bax" <fbax(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: connection timeout?
Date: 2007-02-04 08:35:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

In that case for the *slower* system I will recommend having a look at your
database server logs and syslogs to see if it was a memory overcomitt that
caused the disconnection. It might be an OOM killer here...

To my knowledge the multi-processing with PostgreSQL is dependent on how
your OS schedules the processes across the multi-processer box. Which OS are
you using? I guess 2.6 + Kernel can be a good option as I have seen it to
perform good processes scheduling.

--
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)