Re: Postgres is not starting or stopping

From: "Shoaib Mir" <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Manish Pillai" <manishg_pillai(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres is not starting or stopping
Date: 2007-02-02 14:15:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

Instead of starting with the service, trying starting up with 'postmaster'
binary. It can be found in the database server 'bin' folder and that should
give a little more detail failure message.

To enable logging please go through --> "16.4.5. Error Reporting and
Logging" at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/interactive/runtime-config.html

--
Shoaib Mir