Locking question?

From: "Shoaib Mir" <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Locking question?
Date: 2007-01-29 19:54:45
Lists: pgsql-general

While debugging an application, I just wanted to confirm from the list here:

Suppose I have a long running transaction which has a few updates and
inserts running on some specific tables which means it has acquired
Exclusive locks too during the transaction on specific table but if just
before commit the client app crashes and the commit is never sent, will the
Exclusive locks be automatically released?

Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)