Motivations for PostgreSQL

From: "Aaron Bono" <aaron(dot)bono(at)aranya(dot)com>
To: "pgAdmin Support" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Motivations for PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-04-10 18:23:17
Lists: pgadmin-support

I have a customer who is beginning to give more attention to the
applications we host for them. They recently asked what database we use and
I told them PostgreSQL. They had never heard of it and really like
Micro$oft SQL Server. I explained to them the added cost and how PostgreSQL
is a solid database but I need more to convince them.

What are some good resources online that discuss PostgreSQL and how it
compares to the "more popular" databases? While it really should be none of
my customers' business what database I use (I am an application service
provider), they still make a big deal out of it.

Thanks!

Aaron Bono
Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.
http://www.aranya.com