Re: show privileges

From: "Aaron Bono" <postgresql(at)aranya(dot)com>
To: "Rares Vernica" <rvernica(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: show privileges
Date: 2006-11-06 23:01:06
Lists: pgsql-sql

On 11/2/06, Rares Vernica <rvernica(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I view the privileges that an user or a role has?
>
> Or what is the equivalent of "show privileges" from MySQL?

select * from pg_user;

Hey guys, this comes up every so often. Could some kind of syntax be added,
at least to the psql tool, to get this kind of information. It would be
really handy for administrators. Also, if it were on the documentation
under the GRANT privileges section that would help immensely. I always have
to hunt this down when I need it.

Thanks!

Aaron Bono
Aranya Software Technologies, Inc.