Re: pg_restore

From: "Aaron Bono" <postgresql(at)aranya(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Infor Gates" <info_gates(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_restore
Date: 2006-06-18 21:29:57
Lists: pgsql-admin

I agree. When restoring a database from back up, I do a drop database and
recreate it to make sure everything is properly intact (tables, columns,
views, triggers, foreign keys, etc...). We do this a lot for testing. We
backup the production database, copy to test server and do a restore on the
test database. It helps us test our code rollouts.

-Aaron