Re: Question about load balance

From: Condor <condor(at)stz-bg(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Question about load balance
Date: 2012-06-11 06:26:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2012-06-08 08:39, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 06/07/2012 10:26 PM, Condor wrote:
>> Hello ppl,
>>
>> I read in internet and in this mailing list, when some one asking
>> about load balance,
>> most of the answers is: pgpool.
>> I want to asking how stable is pgpool ? How much query can handle ?
>> What load average ?
>> Im looking for something multi master solution.
>
> PgPool-II doesn't offer mutli-master operation. Not much does.
>
> Multi-master is very difficult to get right, and even harder to make
> fast.
>
> Are you really sure it's what you want? Failover is often a much,
> MUCH simpler and more efficient approach.
>
> --
> Craig Ringer

No,
Im not sure, just looking how to make load balance. I have a small
database around 20 gb,
but I expect to join another database on different scheme and Im
looking for solution
about load balance or some cache mechanism. Bad part is one row from db
is read once
in a month, in worst scenario 3-4 times in month and I think cache is
not good option,
but I don't have idea how will work.

H.