Just want to verify Posgresql works on DRDB

From: "Xn Nooby" <xnooby(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Just want to verify Posgresql works on DRDB
Date: 2006-07-18 19:09:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, I just wanted to verify that there is nothing wrong with storing a
Posgreql database on a DRDB partition. I read some old emails about there
being problems, but the more recent ones seem to imply it should work fine.

I'm using two SUSE SLES 9 servers with Heartbeat to fail over some custom
services and Posgres. I am using "type C" communication on DRDB. There
have no modifications to Posgresql, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to force
fsyncs. So far everything works fine, though I havent done much testing on
indexed tables.

Are there any extra precautions I should be taking?

(I posted this on the DRDB list, and thought I better ask here, too, no

thanks!