Re: COPY FROM FORMAT CSV FORCE_NULL(*) ?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: jian he <jian(dot)universality(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: COPY FROM FORMAT CSV FORCE_NULL(*) ?
Date: 2022-07-25 13:28:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2022-07-25 Mo 00:18, jian he wrote:
> Hi, there.
>
> copy force null git commit
> <https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=3b5e03dca2afea7a2c12dbc8605175d0568b5555>
> didn't attach a discussion link. So I don't know if it's already been
> discussed.
>
> Current seem you cannot do
>     COPY forcetest  FROM STDIN WITH (FORMAT csv,  FORCE_NULL(*));
>
> can we have FORCE_NULL(*)? Since We already have FORCE_QUOTE(*).

We only started adding discussion links in later years. Here's a link to
the original discussion.

<https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAB8KJ%3DjS-Um4TGwenS5wLUfJK6K4rNOm_V6GRUj%2BtcKekL2%3DGQ%40mail.gmail.com>

Offhand I don't see why we shouldn't have this. Someone interested
enough would need to submit a patch.

cheers

andrew

--