Re: Merchandising, merchandising.. on the postgresql.eu site

From: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tommy Gildseth <tommy(dot)gildseth(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>
Cc: pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Merchandising, merchandising.. on the postgresql.eu site
Date: 2009-11-27 20:21:26
Lists: pgeu-general

2009/11/27 Tommy Gildseth <tommy(dot)gildseth(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>

> Thom Brown skrev:
>
>> 2009/11/27 Tommy Gildseth <tommy(dot)gildseth(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no Just FYI, I
>> believe spreadshirt require logos and designs to be
>>
>> uploaded in some sort of vector graphics format, for most of their
>> printing methods. Hopefully that shouldn't be a problem
>>
>> Spreadshirt only allow png, jpg, bmp or gif files (at least according to
>> their design app), which is a shame as I'd prefer to use svg or eps. They
>> limit the resolution to 3000x3000, so I just took the svg and blew it up to
>> have it's longest dimension to be 3000 pixels. ;)
>>

> No, they have different printing techniques which require different source
> files:
>
> http://www.spreadshirt.net/en/GB/Service/Help-1328/categoryId/325/articleId/34
>
> Plot printing which requires that you upload your design in a vector
> format, gives better quality prints than digital printing, which is used
> when you upload your designs in a pixel graphics format.
>
> --
> Tommy Gildseth

I can see what you mean by looking at that help page, but I still don't see
any option available when trying to upload a picture. I've tried out all
printing technique options, and it still restricts me to the same 4 raster
formats. It also doesn't show up any svg or eps files in the file explorer,
only png, jpg, gif or bmp. :( I'm not sure how to upload vector graphics
using their designer application.

Thom