Re: Postgres alpha testing docs and general test packs

From: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres alpha testing docs and general test packs
Date: 2009-10-29 00:27:43
Lists: pgsql-general

2009/10/28 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>:

> If anyone (you?) wants to step up and produce the document you request,
> it'll probably be linked to.  But please do not request the current
> development team to work on it, because most of them are overloaded
> already (or have other reasons not to).

I can understand that, and I wouldn't expect our valuable developers
to do all this work. I was thinking more of someone (or maybe more
than 1 person) taking the role of test documenter.... yes, yes, I know
I should get involved myself. I will look into putting something
together to meet my own proposals. I'm not entirely what the result
should look like for this particular project, but I'll see if I can
come up with something. At least I might feel a little useful. ;)

Thom