Re: Warm standby failover mechanism

From: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Warm standby failover mechanism
Date: 2009-02-25 22:06:35
Lists: pgsql-general

> Looks like you didn't run cmd_archiver -C <config_file> -I

Ahh, okay, that did something, which I think means it created a directory
named after the slave IP in the archive directory. I didn't see any mention
of that switch in the README file, unless it's mentioned elsewhere and I
missed it.

Now when I run "./cmd_archiver -C cmd_archiver.ini" I get:

rsync: link_stat "/var/lib/postgresql/pitr_tools/None" failed: No such file
or directory (2)
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(1058)
[sender=3.0.3]
rsync: link_stat "/var/lib/postgresql/pitr_tools/None" failed: No such file
or directory (2)
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(1058)
[sender=3.0.3]
FATAL: Unabled to rsync_transfer or queue_transfer
CRITICAL 5888