Re: [PERFORM] Many connections lingering

From: Slavisa Garic <sgaric(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mark Lewis <mark(dot)lewis(at)mir3(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Many connections lingering
Date: 2005-04-14 01:15:51
Lists: pgsql-novice pgsql-performance

HI Mark,

My DBServer module already serves as a broker. At the moment it opens
a new connection for every incoming Agent connection. I did it this
way because I wanted to leave synchronisation to PGSQL. I might have
to modify it a bit and use a shared, single connection for all agents.
I guess that is not a bad option I just have to ensure that the code
is not below par :),

Also thank for the postgresql.conf hint, that limit was pretty low on
our server so this might help a bit,

Regards,
Slavisa