Re: Change in "policy" on dump ordering?

From: Jim Nasby <jim(dot)nasby(at)openscg(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Change in "policy" on dump ordering?
Date: 2017-03-05 21:12:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> I wonder whether we should emphasize this change by assigning
>> DO_REFRESH_MATVIEW a higher number, like 100?
> Since there wasn't any interest in that idea, I have committed Jim's
> patch as is.

Thanks. Something else that seems somewhat useful would be to have the
sort defined by an array of the ENUM values in the correct order, and
then have the code do the mechanical map generation. I'm guessing the
only reasonable way to make that work would be to have some kind of a
last item indicator value, so you know how many values were in the ENUM.
Maybe there's a better way to do that...
--
Jim Nasby, Chief Data Architect, OpenSCG