Re: libpq and Binary Data Formats

From: "Wilhansen Li" <willi(dot)t1(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq and Binary Data Formats
Date: 2007-06-04 17:19:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Basically, better support for binary formats which includes, but not limited
to:
1) functions for converting to and from various datatypes
2) reducing the need to convert to and from network byte order
3) better documentation

My suggestion on using ASN.1 was merely a naive suggestion on how in can be
implemented properly without breaking (future) compatibility because that
seems to be the main problem which prevents the use of binary formats.

--
Life is too short for dial-up.