Re: plus + sign's for parentheses () in pgadmin

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Alison Thompson <thompson(dot)alison(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plus + sign's for parentheses () in pgadmin
Date: 2011-10-12 06:39:46
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 20:51:47 -0400, Alison Thompson
<thompson(dot)alison(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Yes, ofcourse,
> in the latest release of pgadmin, in the sql editor window where you
> write queries,
> enter:
> select (
> )
> and you will see a box in the left margin that appears with a '-' in
> it.  click that and it collapses the area contained by the ( ), it now
> has turned into a +, which you can click and it expands the area that is
> in the ().
> My question is how does one get rid of that functionality.  I do not
> see it in the release notes anywhere, and I don't see a menu entry for
it
> on the View menu.  Is there a key somewhere I can toggle to get it to
> be disabled/hidden?

Nope. There's no way to disable it. Maybe something to add to the next
release, but actually, I don't see the point. It's never collapsed by
default, so the display doesn't change much between. Just don't click the
minus buttons.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr