Re: proposal: plpgsql pragma statement

From: Alexey Bashtanov <bashtanov(at)imap(dot)cc>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: proposal: plpgsql pragma statement
Date: 2018-12-05 13:43:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> You can use PERFORM as a workaround:
>
> PERFORM 'PRAGMA', 'cmdtype', 'CREATE';
>
> There's some overhead when executing, but probably not too much.
>

> Thank you for tip, but I have not any idea, how it can work?

Well, I thought you were for a comment-like thing that remains there
when compiled and can act as a hint for your static analysis extension.
Surely this PERFORM won't impose any hints on the following statement
itself.
But maybe your extension could read the PERFORM statement preceding it
and treat it as an annotation hint for the following statement.

Best,
  Alex