Re: Viewing TEXT objects

From: mad rug <mad(dot)rug(dot)f(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: rod(at)iol(dot)ie
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Viewing TEXT objects
Date: 2009-10-02 11:55:29
Lists: pgadmin-support

I really don't know. JDBC communication is being handled by a JDO library,
so I don't know which one is doing this, but I suspect about JDO. I feel
like asking about it in the forums there, but then I'd like to know: is
there any performance (disk, read/write speed...) difference between storing
large text data as TEXT and large object? I believe this indirection of
storing as large object could mean a small overhead, unless it is somehow
better using large objects (just then why use TEXT for some data that is
just a couple of chars?)
Thanks again!